03 June 2023

Alice meeting with the Caterpillar

This week's Alice in Wonderland quote comes from Alice herself. 

Alice is tiny again, coming from the White Rabbit's house where she has eaten a little pebble sized cake to change into a small girl and has come out of the house without breaking it.

She walks in what looks like a thick forest to her and is looking for something to eat that would make her a normal size Alice again.

Alice finds a huge mushroom and only reaches to see on top of it on tiptoe. There she sees a large caterpillar sitting and smoking a long hookah.

After a while of staring at each other the Caterpillar asks Alice: "Who are you?"

And when Alice mumbles something about changing so many times since the morning, the Caterpillar tells her to explain herself. But Alice has a problem with that:

"I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself, you see."

-Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment

+ + Click Here To See All Posts.